6.08.2011

hump day//little fuzzy

last night rocked, but i definitely have my fill of "night life" for a while. haha. rvalution was the hot spot last night for sure. basically the whole city of richmond showed up for the crazyiness. i actually just found out my roommate was there! and i didnt even know it! haha.... so since i stayed up until almost three, today is a little fuzzy around the edges for me. i keep zoning out and cant pay attention to what my mom is saying to me. haha. so, i ordered my cakes for the grad party from fresh market.. and chose the colors "light blue, red, and orange" thus, if these cakes look absolutely horrid, please forgive me : ) because i only half-way knew what i was doing.

i started catcher in the rye on monday and basically finished it yesterday while little meadow had all of her naps. i read it way faster than i thought i would, and to be honest, its not really that good. now yes, there are parts of the book where salinger has created incredible imagery and images for the reader, but even these pages are tainted by the "d" word every other line, and other unnecessary harsh language. sure, it's the style, but i cant believe that a book claimed to be such a classic could possible be so unnecessarily dirty. besides, the main character is the most pessimistic, grumpy kid i have ever read about in my whole life. i really just want to get it finished so it doesnt depress me any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment