2.16.2010

thought i'd share.

i just had to fill out an application form for NAHS. and this is my response to :
What is the role of the artist in our school, community, and in the world?
I have been asked many times why art is important to me, to my community, and to humanity. This is such an easy thing for me to answer, because I have spent so much time pondering it. On a personal level, I love art-any kind, I’m not picky. And I love learning new techniques and tips, and skills, and styles.
Art is such an amazing outlet for expression. We, as human beings need art. We need to create, need to express ourselves, need to visualize things. Every one of us is an artist. An artist of numbers, of words, of clay, of wood, of metal, of science. And, when that creative spirit takes over, any of us can make something beautiful. But so many people feel like they cant visually express themselves because they feel like they are not good enough. And I believe that the role of the artist, such as myself, is to show others how to be artists too. I am so passionate about sharing the joy of creating with the world. It is my motivation, my goal, my reason for being an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment