1.02.2010

just one toothbrush...


the other morning, as i stood brushing my teeth in front of my bathroom sink, i looked behind me in the mirror. my mind wandered...i thought about how amazing its going to be when i can look up and see someone else standing there in the vacant space behind me...he grabs his toothbrush out of the cup, squeezes a line of colgate total over the bristles, and cleans his pearly whites. we attempt to have a conversation in between spits and gargles, and it works because we know what the other is saying anyway. i finish, and place my brush in its rightful place on the counter, and soon another sits right beside it... i want to be standing in front of a different mirror in a different bathroom with my best friend brushing his teeth beside me...

...but for now there's just one toothbrush.



"You're a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush
Have we met somewhere before?
You're a pink toothbrush and I think toothbrush
That we met by the bathroom door.

Glad to meet toothbrush, such a sweet toothbrush
How you thrill me through and through
Dont be hard toothbrush on a soft toothbrush
'Cause I cant help loving you.

Every time I hear you whistle...... it makes my nylon bristle.......

You're a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush
Won't you marry me in haste?
I'll be true toothbrush, just to you toothbrush
When we both use the same toothpaste. "
-max bygraves

pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/throughcateyedframes/

No comments:

Post a Comment